• Bloglovin
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Pinterest
  • Google+
  • Instagram
  • THE HTML KINDER-GARDENER


         THERE IS ONE THING YOU should know about me: I love to do things myself. I'm creative like that. However, that does not necessarily mean that I always know what I'm doing. Take for example my former template. I used to know a bit of CSS from making my own story templates back in 2009 when I used to post stories on Mibba.com. Not only did people like my stories, but they were attracted to the templates as well. So, armed with weathered compliments and googled html/css tutorials I embarked on a create-your-own-template journey which infamously ended with an error message which turned up every time I tried to upload a new template. So, naturally, I ran like a little kid to my brother who studies computer engineering, and after putting the XML through some program he explained to me - using some rocket-science terms - that I had screwed the html code so badly, it would take him hours to find and change the mistakes. This HTML kinder-gardener got so frustrated that she exported her blog contents and imported them in a new one. Luckily, I was able to keep all your precious comments and the same url. 
          If you can't fix it, start fresh - I always say.
         On the other hand, something I DO know how to do is make pretty clothes. I can proudly say that this whole outfit you see here has been made by me from affordable fabrics. As you may have noticed in my outfit details (now situated at the bottom of my posts), I often mention BurdaStyle, the sewing magazine I buy religiously ever since January 2006. Before that, my mom used to make up a pattern based on my sketches in order to make the clothes I wanted to wear. When she got too busy because of work, she introduced me to this magazine she used to buy in her youth and taught me how to use the sewing machine so I could start making my own clothes. Sewing and any kind of handiwork has been in my mother side of the family for generations hence my wish to become a fashion designer. 
         Inspired by Korean fashion and patterned by Burdastyle, this blazer is one of my favorite blazers I have sewn so far. Yep, I'm the blazer-adoring freak. The pants you may recognize from THIS post. I, of course, wore a coat over this outfit, but I ended up disliking all the photos with it, so I scratched them. Oh, and if you're wondering, I made that one too when I was a sophomore in high school. I'm still the same size, yoohoo!   

    Hope you are having a good week so far, and thank you for all your comments!
    ASPIRE HIGHER!
    Lots of love,
    Dilek







    O U T F I T D E T A I L S:

    Blazer: BurdaStyle; 8/2012; model 137 // Pants: BurdaStyle; 7/2012; model: 130 // Shirt: BurdaStyle; 4/2013; model 104A // Ankle Boots and Rings: Berska // Bag: Koton // Sunglasses: Tera Nova

    14 comments:

    1. You look awesome, love that blazer!

      Keep in touch on BLOGLOVIN

      Love,
      FASHIONHYPNOTISED

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you! Knowing that you like it makes me happy!

        Delete
    2. Replies
      1. Thank you, Michele! I love wearing pastels. ^^

        Delete
    3. love the bag<3

      www.laurinawong.com

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you! It's one of my favorites! <3

        Delete
    4. lovely outfit.i really like this pastel color combination

      ReplyDelete
    5. Wow... At least you know a little about css and html. I'm clueless. Great post by the way =)

      Hazel
      www.theskimplelife.com

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I had a lot of free time in high school so I read a lot of stuff online lol ! ^^And thank you!

        Delete
    6. Cannot believe you actually made all that yourself!! Everything looks so good!! and the bag is very nice, love the color!
      xo
      The Beauty Break // http://beautytimebreak.blogspot.com

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you! Making clothes is my passion! ^^

        Delete